Some studies have shown that certain supplements actually do work to help burn fat for women. Some of the studies are done by universities and some are done by the companies themselves, so do your due diligence to be sure of what you are taking. Some people enjoy supplements with caffeine but others cannot deal with it. So read all ingredients before you try – and it won’t hurt to check with your doctor.
Here are some of the supplements in question.
1. Green Tea: This is a long known supplement addition or a diet addition that you can enjoy on its own. Green tea has been enjoyed for ages by people who realize that it can help with lowering BMI and increasing calorie metabolism.
2. Calcium: Some studies show that it’s possible that a calcium supplement can aid in weight loss for some women. However, it is important not to overdo the calcium supplementation because scientists still aren’t sure whether ingesting too much calcium is harmful or not. If you already eat a high amount of calcium in your diet, it’s important to consider that.
3. Vitamin D: The best way to get vitamin D is actually naturally via the sun, but so many of us use sunscreen that vitamin D deficiencies are quite common. A deficiency can contribute to obesity and even back and other body pains. Have your levels checked by your doctor. If your levels are low, find a good supplement like this one at Professional Supplement Center:
4. Vitamin B12: Whether you’re a meat eater or a vegan or someplace in between, another chronic deficiency today is vitamin B12. Being short of this vitamin is very serious and can lead to mental problems and weight issues. Unless you ask for your levels to be checked, your doctor may not do a test. Have it checked and if you have a shortage, consider using the sublingual methylcobalamin version over the cobalamin type due to arsenic issues.
5. Antioxidants: You can take supplements that contain antioxidants or just eat food with antioxidants. These help ward off free radicals which can cause your body to be unbalanced. You can find antioxidants in fruits and vegetables too.
6. Caffeine: Even though it’s not the healthiest supplement for most people, it does actually aid in weight loss. It boosts your metabolism and gives you extra energy. But, you should use it with caution because it is addictive. The effects wear off and you need more and more of the supplement to get the same results.
7. Resveratrol: This is found in red wine, dark red and purple berries and now available in supplement form. Many people who have taken it say that it reacts on their body a lot like caffeine. Others report more motivation to get more done in the day. It’s worth trying one of the new resveratrol supplements:
8. SHREDZ for Her: This is a supplier that purports to help women boost their fat burning by giving your body some of the vitamins, antioxidants and minerals that it needs. It claims to break down carbohydrates and help make your workouts more efficient. This supplement has most of the above ingredients included.
Use any supplements with caution. Consider talking to a doctor first, or at least inform them before they prescribe any medications. Definitely ask your doctor if you are already being prescribed medications.